What I REEEEALLY want for Mother’s Day!! (Hint! Hint! Daddio!!!)
**This post may contain affiliate links or ads (that I placed myself) which means I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!) for products purchased, so I can keep this little blog rollin and maybe buy momma some new chucks. Please read Disclosure Page for more info.**
So, tell me what you want! What you really, really want! (Cue the Spice Girls!)
Mother’s day is this weekend and I can’t wait. The hubs does pretty good with taking care of the kiddos, but they’re getting older and more independent so, not too much work anymore…except for the mom…am I right!?? They can both pretty much get their own meals, do the whole hygiene shebang (after being nagged anyway), etc. But on mom’s day, I don’t want to hear any form of the word mom coming out of those kiddos mouths! Call the dad ya little boogers!!
So, I’ve been thinking….and I came up with a list of a few things I would like for mom’s day….question is…will my wishes come true….where is that genie lamp!!!!??
And here they are in no particular order….
- Breakfast and coffee in bed. For real. (or maybe we should go out to eat, but then I have to get dressed. Decisions…)
- Call for dad and only dad. (NO Mommin’ today!)
- QUIET!! Seriously. Shush. No talking. No yelling. No fighting. Shhh.
- Plan something for us to do. Not me. You!
- Homemade gifts and/or cards. Because I love to see what they come up with.
- Mom chores to be done and not left for the next day.
- To not have to remind….a bajillion times! (To eat, to clean up, to do chores, whatev…)
- To have mom’s day extend the weekend (or even the whole week!) 😉
- A back rub with nothing expected in return….and longer than 2 minutes!
- Flowers…because they’re pretty.
- To go shopping all alone for a little why…because Target….sigh…
- To read uninterrupted.
- To watch TV, no cartoons.
- Take a nap.
These are just a few things I came up with off the top of my head…you know, not thinking about it. At all. Ever……
And I may need a few more hours in the day to do it all. (Hence the wish of a whole weekend or a week!).
Anyway….Momma’s, what about you? Do you agree with some of these? What would you like to add? I’m sure I could add more…but you’d never stop reading…or you would, because ya got bored…. Hey dads! Pay attention and take note!
Oh, and Happy Mother’s Day to all!!
Until next time….