**This post may contain affiliate links or ads (that I placed myself) which means I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!) for products purchased, so I can keep this little blog rollin and maybe buy momma some new chucks. Please read Disclosure Page for more info.**
Summer is just around the corner. End of school. End of band/piano and sports (for us). An easier time of no schedules. No hurrying. It’s a time of relaxation. There’s just something about summer….. “Summer, Summer, Summertime! Time to sit back and unwind….” Will Smith. You get me.
- No schedules. We have no practices of any kind. Woo Hoo!
- No school = No homework. YES!!
- No setting the alarm clock. (I’m very lucky to be a SAHM.)
- Red, White & Blue.
- Shady trees & breezes.
- Day trips.
- Family vacation.
- Late nights.
- Lightning bugs.
- A slower state of mind.
- Cooking out on the grill (because hubs grills, momma does not).
- Fireworks. (Love the loud Boomers!)
- Flip flops and shorts.
- Sitting outside. (but thankful for AC on the inside!)
- Corn on the Cob….Mmmmm, with LOTS-O butter!!
- Kids playing in the rain.
- Thunderstorms (but not at bedtime!).
- All around relaxing feeling.
Summer is my fave season. The hot beats out the cold. I try to complain a little less about hot weather because I always complain about the cold!! In PA, you can have more than one season in a week!!
Sit back, relax. Grab a cool beverage. And list some things that make you happy about summer. It’s a good time to look around and notice the little things. Just a little reminder. Slow down. Be happy.
Do you have happy things to add to the summer list? What would you share? I like the warmer weather… but do not like to sweat!! Ha!
Until next time….